Newer stoves without thermostat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vanhoesenj

Hearth Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
I too just bought the Century FW300010... just wondering why the newer stoves don't have thermostats? Every stove we've ever owned had a thermostat to maintain temp and adjust to the burn... From what I've read on here, with the secondary burn you can heat up pretty quickly and without a built in damper it's hard to maintain temp. So what gives, why the lack of a thermostat in these new efficient stoves. Sorry if I missed it in the archives or it's an incredibly "noob" question. :)

Thanks!
cheers
J~

Do all the views and no replies suggest I asked an idiot noob question? ha ha ha ha...

Just curious
Thanks
J~

I'm not sure what you mean when you refer to thermostat?

Do you mean a bimettalic strip which regulates the air intake in the stove to maintain more constant temperature?

no. not a stuid question. I could be wrong, but the only company that i know that does that is vermont castings

I'm not sure, I think the OP might have been asking about a feature to control the burn automagically, such as the EBT on P.E.'s or the VC Everburn's and so forth. Answer is basically that it's a feature on some stoves and not on others, depending on how much you want to pay for a stove that has it.

Gooserider

It's a feature that if implemented right, I would gladly pay extra for. Too bad others haven't done this. I loved it on our Resolute.

Status
Not open for further replies.