Newenglander model 25-IP /55-SHPIP /55TRPIP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bigbrat

Nov 1, 2016
Canada
I'm wondering what the best settings are for this stove.
The bottom 3 numbers are 6-4-1 right now..but the stove seems to be going threw alot of pellets and a lazy flame.
I clean my stove every 2 days but maybe there's a spot that I'm missing as it seems like the air flow for the heat isn't that great..any help would be great..
Thank you in advance

depends on how much heat you want. I have the same stove and run mine at 3-4-1 heating setting 2 . getting 36 hours out off a bag of eastern embers. When the demps go down to the minus i use 6-4-1 setting 1. do you remove the large plate in the back off the stoves and clean the ledge behind? I also use a piece of hose and clean the exhaust pathway right to the fan

Reactions: Bigbrat
No I never removed the plate yet..but I'm gonna do it now lol..it seems like my fan doesn't throw out as much air now like it used to.
I have removed the 2 plates in the fire box but it's hard to clean from hole to hole..maybe that's why I'm not getting as much air flow..Eastern Embers..you have to be a Maritimer ?

Yes sir I am. Dartmouth Nova Scotia. Not sure what u mean by hard to clean from hole to hole. My 25 pdvc has one plate were the pellets burn. If you have the same stove check here about the mods that people have made to there stoves. I did a couple of them and it made a huge difference in the burn and how clean the burn place stays.

I'm not far away..I'm in Upper Musquodoboit..this is the stove I have and the spots circled are the 2 plates I can remove to clean ash

Newenglander model 25-IP /55-SHPIP /55TRPIP Newenglander model 25-IP /55-SHPIP /55TRPIP

Oh ok that is a newer stove than the englander one I have. Been up that way many times when I worked for the school board. If you check the theards I’m sure someone else will be able to help u out.

ok . yes they do a friend of mine who used to work at the mill Gary murphy give me a bucket to try last spring. reallylike them but for me to go up there i would need a good size truck to buy 2 2ton bags and have a place to store so it didnt work for me