Newbie with questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Warrenc123

Jun 30, 2018
Becket Massachusetts
Hello all I am a new home owner and new wood burner. I installed a older dutchwest 2462 cat stove into my home . I put it on a 4 in thick slab of concrete I poured and died in my living room I but on back and bottom heat sheilds designed specifically for my stove and put up a protected wall with a one inch air gap. I put a class a chimney through the roof with single wall black stove pipe from the ceiling down I was wondering what kind of temps I should be looking for with 2 surface thermometers and where exactly I should place them. I don't think I have a draft issue . No back puffing and easy startups. I just don't really know what I'm looking at to tell you the truth . Using 12month seasoned hardwood and any suggestions you guys have would be great .also should I install a inside black pipe baffle?

Attachments

• Newbie with questions
    Screenshot_20180925-070602.png
    626.5 KB · Views: 125
Also on this stove there's air adjustment flaps on the bottom and only 2 settings for flue control full open or cat engaged