Newbie Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pakeman

Dec 6, 2020
NH
Just bought a 2014 England 25 PDV. Auger won't feed pellets. Looking at threads, I am currently giving it a good cleaning (which it sorely needs). My question is, the 2 vacuum items (see pics), each have what appears to be a spot for another hose. I couldn't find a picture in the online manual. Is that just for air intake?
Newbie Question
Newbie Question

no its its for the pressure side of the switch. if it was used in a positive pressure situation it allows air to be released from the chamber so the diaphragm inside does not rupture.

Don't forget to read the manual for that stove.. Also, to bypass a vacuum switch /vacuum hose for troubleshooting , remember which terminal they are connected to , and connect the wires together. After unplugging the stove...

Do I really need to have the cold air coming from outside? Stove's gonna go center of basement, where chimney is.

If I remember right englander does require an OAK. Many have not but if your house is well sealed it will run poorly and englander’s are know for weak combustion blowers.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
So, after cleaning and putting back together, now it doesn't want to fire up at all. It did that prior to taking apart to clean, now gives me a "U" reading, on the right. What am I missing?

with the led display acting up it sounds like you have a problem with the board. is the stove on a good surge protector?

The "U" on the right during startup is normal. Its the Up in Startup. The left side should have an "S". When you hooked your vacuum switches back up, did you wire them up properly? Sounds like you might not be getting power to your upper auger motor.

As for your earlier question, yes, hook up the OAK. Not only does Englander require it, but from experience, your stove will be much happier and your house warmer, too.

Eric

Reactions: Ssyko
If I remember right englander does require an OAK. Many have not but if your house is well sealed it will run poorly and englander’s are know for weak combustion blowers.
I agree... the stove will run without, but it will need to suck air in from someplace.. If your house is older, chances are it will suck in outside air from places you would not even think about..

Reactions: Ssyko
The "U" on the right during startup is normal. Its the Up in Startup. The left side should have an "S". When you hooked your vacuum switches back up, did you wire them up properly? Sounds like you might not be getting power to your upper auger motor.

As for your earlier question, yes, hook up the OAK. Not only does Englander require it, but from experience, your stove will be much happier and your house warmer, too.

Eric
I never unhooked them or any wire.