Newbie, First questions on porch Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mark W

Nov 18, 2018
Nothern IL
Hi all,

Looking to heat a recently enclosed screened porch. Has vinyl windows and is 16 X 18 ft (288 sq & 2304 cub ft ) So I was leaning to pellet especially seeing the direct horizontal vent. Then a read the strong recommendation to have a riser. Stove I was looking at listed Enviro min mentioned direct vent option. I get the logic in the fail-safe of the application but wanted to know of that was the overall consensus. However I also have the issue with the Vinyl windows. SO questions are.

* Looking to only heat the un-insulated porch more for holidays.. But Im sure if it was convenient my wife would use room more in winter. (Northern IL)

* Recommendation of stove given small size of room. 288 sq ft

*Was hoping to avoid Vertical venting but even with a outside riser I'm right at the window with the termination.

* Also the Enviro mini has a external blower and with the small size of the space, I was hoping to eliminate the noise factor.. However that calls for the 24in riser.

Pic of corner I was looking to put it in..

Attachments

• Newbie,  First questions on porch Pellet stove
    Porch.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 178