Newbie-Blaze King 20.2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Halomazing

Mar 4, 2022
Washington
Hi all! We just (finally) got our Ashford 20.2 installed today. So far we love it, but I’m curious if I should be concerned about the walls behind it getting too hot? I can lay my hand on them, but they are definitely very hot. Is it possible our installers set it too far back?

Newbie-Blaze King 20.2Newbie-Blaze King 20.2

Hi all! We just (finally) got our Ashford 20.2 installed today. So far we love it, but I’m curious if I should be concerned about the walls behind it getting too hot? I can lay my hand on them, but they are definitely very hot. Is it possible our installers set it too far back? View attachment 293040View attachment 293042
It is certainly possible does it meet the clearances required in the manual or on the tag on the back of the stove?

looks to be a little tight. I'm getting my ashford manual out as we speak

Double-wall stove pipe, correct? If so, it's fine. The cast iron cladding reduces the radiant heat off the stove body.

Reactions: Halomazing