New ZC Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nrford

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2011
NW lower Mi.
Building a new home(log cabin) fireplace was completed today, thought I'd share. Heat N Glo Northstar.
Fireplace.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice job there...and the housewarming party is when? ;)

Very nice! Would you mind sharing the details of your stone? Is it cultured or natural? Thanks!

Wow - your Northstar looks fantastic!!! Great work!

How are you liking it so far? How is the heat output?

Matt

Wow - your Northstar looks fantastic!!! Great work!

How are you liking it so far? How is the heat output?

Matt
Have been using it to heat all this week. It was below 10 above zero last couple of mornings, and there is no insulation in roof at this time, we are currently putting in the tongue and groove ceiling so it can be insulated. The stove is doing a nice job, this afternoon we worked in shirtsleeves inside and it was really cranking out the heat. Once insulation is in I'm pretty sure we will not use much propane in the forced air system!

My brother has had that fireplace for five or six years now and really likes it. He has a huge great room and when that things really cooking he needs to crack a window even when it's very cold out. Very capable heater. Your install looks great.