New to this and confused about installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wybroncos

Dec 23, 2019
Nebraska
Hello, I am new here although not exactly new to wood stoves. My parents always had one growing up so I am used to being around them but I am not familiar with the correct installation procedures. My husband and I bought a manufactured house that has a Dutchwest Convection heater model 2461. Long story short this poor stove was abused and I am rebuilding it. In the process I have come to not trust the installation of this stove. We just bought new double wall stove pipe to replace the original single wall as it was in very bad shape. Now I am questioning the installation of the ceiling support/chimney portion.

Is there a way that I can inspect the ceiling support/chimney to make sure it is the correct, mobile home approved, triple wall kind? I do not know who made the ceiling support. The company that did the instal is now out of business. I just do not want to start tearing into the roof and cause more work than needed if the thing is correct. But I also do not want to just see what happens and hook the stove up and burn the house down. I appreciate any an all advice! Oh, and we live over 2 hours away from the nearest stove dealer/installer of any sort so I am trying to figure this out on our own before I pay an arm and a leg for him to drive all the way up here. Thanks!

It might be double-wall chimney which is ok if it's class A. If you can post pictures of the ceiling support box and of the chimney outside we may be able to identify the product.

Reactions: webby3650