New to the forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capepowder

Hearth Supporter
Hi All:
I'm new to the forum & wanted to introduce myself & ask a few questions.
I'm a commercial powder coated located at Cape Cod Mass. USA. I have an Englander Pellet stove at home & LOVE it.
I also own an old Coal Chubby. I have not used it in years & now want to install it at my work shop. Where can I find some info on the rules & regs of installing/venting it? Mostly clearance info.
Thanks
Bob
www.capecodpowdercoating.com

if the stove is not listed for clearances and what not, you will have to follow NFPA 211 guidlines for clearances, which i believe is 36" to a combustable wall, and follow the chimney manufactures instructions for the venting. You can download chimney instructions from www.duravent.com
Welcome to the form!

Hi! Take your pants off and chat awhile! Welcome!

I wonder how your insurance company will feel about solid fuels and powder coating in vicinity?
... not that I know. Might be a good idea to consult with them before lugging that thing anywhere.

Welcome to the forum!
Sending a wave down
to the Cape from a little
further up on the South Shore.

Hi & Thanks for the warm welcome (should be a WARM welcome from a stove forum eh?). That was bad. Anyways. Nice info from all. The Chubby stove site was GREAT!
Marty the Fire issue is not one. Powder coating is not a fire hazard if handled correctly. In fact the powder has the lowest Fire rating by the NFC.
Hi to Zeta on the So Shore.
Thanks
Bob

Welcom to the forum how cold did it get down there today?

Welcome, Cape

Some nice looking examples of your work on the website by the way. I hadn't heard of those stoves before... they look kinda neat - guess you learn something new here everyday.

Wahoo.... uhm... I hope it's not a forum requirement to take your pants off (Craig... can you confirm this??), 'cause sometimes I'm on here at work, and I'm not sure how well that would go over.... but If I have to - I guess They'll have to get used to it :bug:

Harley said:
Wahoo.... uhm... I hope it's not a forum requirement to take your pants off (Craig... can you confirm this??), 'cause sometimes I'm on here at work, and I'm not sure how well that would go over.... but If I have to - I guess They'll have to get used to it :bug:

Harley,

Glad you caught it also....will leave mine on!

Harley said:

Pajama or sweatpants are preferable to suits. Worn jeans are OK.

That will be another thread - how long the record is for wearing one pair of jeans during the winter!

Hey Cape, that Chubby is one great coal stove! Made on Cape Cod as I remember. A lot of the parts were cast at the same foundry that made a stove which I manufactured long ago (Upland). - The foundry is Hamburg manufacturing...
http://www.hamburgmfg.com/

Nice small family owned foundry in Eastern Pa.

Hey, any good real estate deals yet on the cape. Martha and I are thinking someday of getting a beach house, although the traffic to the cape scares me....so I am also considering the Newport area.....

Ha, just for fun someday maybe I will get some of my new aluminum casting (my backyard hobby foundry) powder coated.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/4940/

I actually pin point Chubby coal stoves was very popular righ after the mid 70's energy crisis. Fantastic craftsmanship in those stoves, they also can burn wood. They were heating beast

Not Cape Cod but built in Plymouth Ma called Plymouth stove works Plymouth is on the coast just north of the cape, There was a dealer in my town and there are still quite a few around. today.

Welcome aboard from Gillete stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.