new to site, retired last year,looking for help with whitfield advantage II insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rfish

Jan 21, 2022
Stove not used for at least 8 years. I tried to start and all 10 lights light for 1 second and go immediately off. nothing else happens. Not sure if spending money on circuit board is worth it in case other things are bad also, any thoughts?

Depending on the year,model and which control board,hard to say. But, sitting in an open chimney may have ruined it. I would pull it out an see about rust and corrosion damage. Unless it was sealed off with a liner. Even then, exhaust housings are known to rot away.

not sure what you mean about exhaust housing, do you mean the exhaust fan housing? the chimney has a stainless pipe from basement to the top of chimney with a cap on top. I will inspect the rest of stove before I send the controller for repair.