New to Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I’m sure the parts are interchangeable. They are with the Hudson River line.

I’ll turn my stove on. It starts up and will burn itself out with in 15 minutes. There will be a good flame but the auger will stop feeding and for no apparent reason. If I manually restart the stove before it burns out. It will burn for a whole cycle of the thermostat. Maybe two. Once the stove shuts down more than twice I have to repeat the process. Any ideas?

No that is telling you that there is a blockage in the stove or exhaust vent pipe. Or the exhaust blower is weak,worn out

Then again, I just read where so said the stove works good on the manual setting? If that’s the case we have had a few stoves that had control boards that didn’t work with a thermostat. Does your control board have a blue block with two small screws for the thermostat wires?

No that is telling you that there is a blockage in the stove or exhaust vent pipe. Or the exhaust blower is weak,worn out

The blower works fine as long as the stove gets hot enough for it to kick in. If I’m not there to reset the auger quits feeding before it can kick in.

The blower works fine as long as the stove gets hot enough for it to kick in. If I’m not there to reset the auger quits feeding before it can kick in.
By the way, thank you both for replying. I’m learning a little more each post. More tha. I can say I’ve learned from the local service and lad supply people I’ve spoken too so far.

By the way, thank you both for replying. I’m learning a little more each post. More tha. I can say I’ve learned from the local service and lad supply people I’ve spoken too so far.
Terrible typos on that one but I think you get the point. Thank you again and I look forward to continuing this conversation with you / battle with my stove!

Then again, I just read where so said the stove works good on the manual setting? If that’s the case we have had a few stoves that had control boards that didn’t work with a thermostat. Does your control board have a blue block with two small screws for the thermostat wires?
I missed this post before. The thermostat is hooked up to a small green block with two screws. ... Now is the part where you tell me the alternative to a new control board, right?

So you are saying the stove works fine in manual mode?
It has in the past but I just had to restart it. Auger stopped feeding again. The flame looks like it’s getting too much air but I can’t close the damper any further. It’s only open about a 1/2”.

It has in the past but I just had to restart it. Auger stopped feeding again. The flame looks like it’s getting too much air but I can’t close the damper any further. It’s only open about a 1/2”.
Maybe 3/4”
I’ve thoroughly cleaned the stove and chimney several times over the weekend. I’ve done everything short of completely removing the exhaust pipe at the base of the stove.

Ok i have reread this thread and it sounds like your getting to much draft, burning the pellets out before low limit can kick in. Shut your damper down to a 1/4” and see if that lets the stove get going.

I was able to close the damper further after more cleaning. It seems there is not enough airflow to ignite with the damper closed this far but, if I give some more air to ignite then shut the damper down the flame is perfect. Leaving it open runs too hot. Could this be an igniter issue?