New to Pellet stoves and I have some Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewfieNewbie

Oct 25, 2015
Newfoundland
hey everyone. I just installed a Napoleon NPS45 which i purchased used from a friend of mine. When i first powered it up, it kept giving me the blinking 4th red light. which from a little research, i found was a hi limit reset. now i'm an electrician by trade, so this wasnt as issue for me, my question was what would cause that on a cold stove? faulty switch maybe? the other thing im very curious about, is weather or not i can run the stove without the convection blower going. I read somewhere about "quiet mode" ? does anyone know what this is or how i can go about activating this feature? and if there is no option to let me run the stove without the convection blower going, has anyone tried switching the blower off and running without it, or will this completely mess up the operation. Thanks

ps: love the site

I thought you were another dog lover.
Very few stoves can operate without the room fan as the exchangers will over heat and warp. Harman stoves are a hot bodied stove and not a shell over a fire chamber and have accordian exchanger not tubing.
Faulty switch possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.