New to me MS211

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HitzerHillbilly

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2014
Northern Indiana
Picked this guy up today. Lightly used. Runs great, but the chain was pretty beat up. After cleaning it up and touching up the chain, I gave it a test run!
7535c1fa09e3f43411d710c0be08d5af.jpg
b1d10d60e544200afca4c4f3592b7dc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one. Great little saw. Sold it and bought a dolmar ps421. There really isn't much comparison now. Lol.

I have same saw. Bought it when ace hardware sold them, also before I knew better. I can’t stand the easy start recoil. It was marketed as homeowners saw. It runs well. I could use more power to get through 24” diameter oak
I’m seriously looking at a echo cs590 to replace it

Reactions: HitzerHillbilly
I have same saw. Bought it when ace hardware sold them, also before I knew better. I can’t stand the easy start recoil. It was marketed as homeowners saw. It runs well. I could use more power to get through 24” diameter oak

LOL I about spit out my coffee when I read MS211 and 24" oak in the same sentence. Hope that thing is set to run a tad rich so you don't burn it up. ;)

Reactions: HitzerHillbilly

Yeah, wood that size is the reason for the 311 and RS chain lol. But I have a lot of smaller logs throughout the woods that don’t necessarily require a saw like that, and I don’t want to run the 201 all the time for fire wood. Figured for what I have in this saw it will serve me well