New to Hearth industry and looking for mentoring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Matt86

Sep 4, 2024
United States
I’m in sales and have recently been learning (2 months) about gas and wood burning fireplaces. I want to become a lot more knowledgeable and be able to recommend piping, venting, etc.

I’m currently reading through the NFI teachings, as well as other online material but still find confusion about recommending or understanding venting components.

Is there anyone with ample experience that could possibly teach/mentor me 1-on-1 to bump up my sales game? Will pay for your time, of course.

I’m in sales and have recently been learning (2 months) about gas and wood burning fireplaces. I want to become a lot more knowledgeable and be able to recommend piping, venting, etc.

I’m currently reading through the NFI teachings, as well as other online material but still find confusion about recommending or understanding venting components.

Is there anyone with ample experience that could possibly teach/mentor me 1-on-1 to bump up my sales game? Will pay for your time, of course.
What are your questions?

A question could be about recommending venting components based on certain requirements a customer may have around installing a wood burning fireplace. For example, a roof pitch of xyz, how many floors, floor-to-ceiling height or any other information.

In the past I've been tutored in areas like math and WebGL, so I'm wondering if this is possible for fireplaces