New Stove User

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Seabee Seavey

Jan 1, 2020
Hope Valley RI
Hello Everyone,
I just bought a new house that has a pellet stove made by Canadian comfort industries. I have the manual but no idea which model I actually have. So far this has been a horrible experience. The auger kept getting clogged and stopping. I disassembled the auger and have it full cleaned out now. I do not like I have my flame dialed in correctly. Does anyone else have a CCI stove? Any tips? I've included a few photos. I am hoping I've fixed the auger . Thank you all and I've enjoyed reading this forum for the last few weeks.

Attachments

• New Stove User
    20200101_211915.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 121
  • New Stove User
    20200101_170342.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 117
I’ve only been running my stove (different brand than yours) for 3 months now but the auger has never clogged once. Maybe try different pellets. I’m assuming the ones you are using are either too large or too small perhaps.

Thank you for your response. I've tried 4 different kinds so far amd always clog at the top of the drop chute. When I clean it I then run it without a fire to make sure it's running well. However it always seems to clog again about every 8 hours. Picture attached is looking up the drop chute to the clog. Any ideas?

Attachments

• New Stove User
    20200101_154452.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 109
You will have to clean it out (the hopper) vacuum all the fines(sawdust). You will probably have to clean your pellets before you load the hopper to keep the fines out. Google pellet cleaner or vacuum.