New Stove and Thank You

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JulesinAK

Nov 9, 2013
SE Alaska
I wanted to thank everyone for providing such a wealth of information on this site. We just got our new stove installed and are super excited for this winter!
Jules

20181123_065153.jpg

Very nice! and just in time.

Looks great, Jules!
You're gonna love watching those flames and toasting your toes :)

We have been burning almost non-stop since we had it installed. Burns great and looks so nice!! Dogs love it too :)
I think our dogs like it more than we do.

Reactions: Rhodie
Yes, PE Neo, thanks Begreen. Glad to hear that you like it MDWood. I love the height and the heat output is quite good. Of course, it is still warm here being the 40's. Almost roasted us out the other day at 72 degrees inside! That is hot for us!
Will try to get a dog picture soon. We are getting a new puppy soon so may have even more dog pictures :)
Jules

Reactions: Rickb
Nice-looking stove, Jules. :cool: How much sq. footage are you heating? Looks like you have a vaulted ceiling? Is that the 2.5?
I see 15' chimney spec in the manual, but do these PE stoves breath pretty easy? For example, the stoves I have experience with, Woodstock straight cats, say they want 15' but they will run pretty well on 13'. I was wondering if the PEs would work at my SIL's house, 14' IIRC. I'd be hesitant to add chimney since she already has a 5' rocket launcher sticking out of the roof that is facing the road. :oops:

Hello Woody. We have the 1.6, We are about 1,000 sq ft upstairs. We have 18 ft ceilings to the clear story in the middle of the house so we have a fairly good run on the chimney. The ceiling fan is terrific! We have an oil monitor downstairs but it really doesn't come on much. We keep it cooler down there.
So far the stove burns really well. Easy to light and the flame stays really nice. Clean glass too!!

Jules

Attachments

• 20181128_193747.jpg
    20181128_193747.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20181128_194002.jpg
    20181128_194002.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 90
Nice-looking stove, Jules. :cool: How much sq. footage are you heating? Looks like you have a vaulted ceiling? Is that the 2.5?I see 15' chimney spec in the manual, but do these PE stoves breath pretty easy? For example, the stoves I have experience with, Woodstock straight cats, say they want 15' but they will run pretty well on 13'. I was wondering if the PEs would work at my SIL's house, 14' IIRC. I'd be hesitant to add chimney since she already has a 5' rocket launcher sticking out of the roof that is facing the road. :oops:
The secondary supply is a pretty straight shot with just one 90º at the baffle. That seems to make them breathe easier. I have a friend with a Summit on a 12' total flue with a 90 + 45º turn before the chimney that should be a real challenge and it does fine.