New Shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dquest

Dec 13, 2018
Ont,Can
Been reading here for a little over a year and got some good ideas for a shed. I have a small area recessed into the back of the house so I put this in. Holds 1.5 cord which is less than we will use but its real close and no trekking throught the snow for a while. Built with stuff around the farm except for the 5/4 and plywood.

Floor support is 2x4 12"oc with joist hangers, 2x4 floor spaced 1.5". Sides and back are 5/4 spaced 3.5 ". Haven't shingled the roof yet. Standoff from the house and will be putting a sliding tarp door on the front as prevailing wind comes from that direction.

Attachments

• 20191007_134917[1].jpg
    20191007_134917[1].jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 357
What are the dimensions of this shed?

I think that is a very well built woodshed it ought to dry it out pretty well.

Looks nice. I like how you kept it up off of the ground with an air space underneath. Enough space to rake out the bark crumbs that will accumulate is essential. Might want to cover the floor with landscape fabric before filling it with wood. It will act as a nice "screen" to catch the debris and make for easy cleanup.

I think that is a very well built woodshed it ought to dry it out pretty well.
Thanks, It was fun to make. Should have used adjustable post holders though as its gonna settle. I can pick it up with the tractor if it needs to be moved or landscaping done.

Looks nice. I like how you kept it up off of the ground with an air space underneath. Enough space to rake out the bark crumbs that will accumulate is essential. Might want to cover the floor with landscape fabric before filling it with wood. It will act as a nice "screen" to catch the debris and make for easy cleanup.
Thanks, I'll add that before i fill it.