New install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
In the pics I’ve attached, I’m hoping someone can tell me the function of the metal box notched into roof. When I had gone up on roof I noticed that the chimney pipe was located near the edge of that box- not sure the reasoning there. I wasn’t present for install but installed had removed the old chimney and stove and put in new Regency stove. New install questionNew install questionNew install question

That's a snow diverter. How tall is the chimney above the roof?

That's a snow diverter. How tall is the chimney above the roof?
The thing I was referring to was the box-like structure under the storm collar it’s roughly 18 square. I’m trying to figure why the installer would have not centered the pipe on it a bit more.
The class A runs about 6+ feet above the roof. The stove seems to draft well.

That's flashing so it does not leak.you have a metal roof so part of it is under the metal so it looks like it's not centered

The thing I was referring to was the box-like structure under the storm collar it’s roughly 18 square. I’m trying to figure why the installer would have not centered the pipe on it a bit more.
The class A runs about 6+ feet above the roof. The stove seems to draft well.
Looks like an Excel flashing. That is the right thing to use for a metal roof.

Looks like an Excel flashing. That is the right thing to use for a metal roof.
Yes, the installer said that he uses ICC brand venting. Thanks for the input.