New house w/ 3 Wood Stoves, Need Help with selling them..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KirbyNewman

Aug 24, 2020
Dover, NH
Hey All,

First off, if you're reading this, thank you! I know nothing about wood stoves, but my parents just bought their retirement home here in NH and it has 3 wood stoves that they want to get rid of/Sell but we have no idea what we should ask. If anyone on here could potentially shed any light on any or all 3, it would be greatly appreciated. The 3 stoves are:
-Hearthstone Equinox 8000
-Suburban Mfg Co ?????
- Round Oak ?????

Attachments

• New house w/ 3 Wood Stoves, Need Help with selling them..
    IMG_2806.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 138
    IMG_2810.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 138
    IMG_2814.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 133
The hearthstone should probably be around $1000 or so
The suburban free to $150
The oak you should check with an antique stove guy. Most aren't worth allot but a few can be

Reactions: JimBear
None of these stoves look properly installed.
The Equinox is the most valuable if in good condition. I would estimate it to be worth somewhere in the $1500 -2000+ range. They sold for close to $5k before being discontinued. The old garage stove may bring in $150. The Round Oak may need to be appraised. Typically one like that might sell for around $400 if in good working condition.