New Here. Osburn 1800 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CRJ700

Dec 22, 2017
Long Island
Merry Christmas all!.. Been lurking the forums for a little while.. Just purchased my first insert. Osburn 1800. Doing the install this Wednesday. I'll post some pics!

Doing a refurb on the insert. Bought it pre owned needs some touch up paint and some TLC

Welcome. Take lots of pics! I redid my PE super insert i bought second hand and saved a bundle.

New Here. Osburn 1800 Insert New Here. Osburn 1800 Insert

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Wow that looks great! What type of paint did you use. I picked up some rustolium high temp bbq paint

I used stove bright metallic black. It's the factory paint for a lot of the black steel stoves and readily available in spray cans. It's worked out well. I have actually compared it to my factory paint job on my other PE stove I bought new. I feel my paint job is thicker and nicer then the factory one.

Good luck with yours.