New here and need some info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1C9S6A5

Dec 20, 2016
Central Oregon
Hey everyone, I just joined am am looking for some info on the Trailblazer 1600ps. We moved into a new place and this stove is in the shop for heat. It was working great and now the auger has quit working. From what I understand, the company that made this is no longer in business. Is there any information on where I can get parts for it? This seems like it's gonna be a long shot because the tag on the hopper lid has a date of 93 on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

If you can remove the auger motor and get the specs or manufacture and you may be able to cross that info over to a motor that will work

If you can remove the auger motor and get the specs or manufacture and you may be able to cross that info over to a motor that will work
Yeah, I was thinking that might be my best bet. I already pulled the side off of it and it doesn't look like it will be that hard to get out. Guess I know what I am doing in the morning....

Yeah, I was thinking that might be my best bet. I already pulled the side off of it and it doesn't look like it will be that hard to get out. Guess I know what I am doing in the morning....
Just make sure it's the motor. I don't know if that stove has a gearbox inline with the motor to the auger. If it does perhaps the motor is good and the gearbox is shot. Just a thought before buying a motor you may not need.

Just make sure it's the motor. I don't know if that stove has a gearbox inline with the motor to the auger. If it does perhaps the motor is good and the gearbox is shot. Just a thought before buying a motor you may not need.

It looks like it is a single unit. I can hear the motor cycling, but the auger isn't turning. I cleared everything out of the hopper and still nothing so I am thinking it might be the gearbox.

Reactions: bags
It looks like it is a single unit. I can hear the motor cycling, but the auger isn't turning. I cleared everything out of the hopper and still nothing so I am thinking it might be the gearbox.
there should be a set screw holding the auger to the motor make sure that has not come loose

Low and behold the auger is frozen up on the stove. I am slowly pulling it apart to see if I can get the auger out and see why it is frozen. This is definitely a learning experience. I take it from reading all the other threads I have found that there are no actual replacement parts for this stove. I guess I will be finding other parts that work for it once I figure out what is the problem.

Low and behold the auger is frozen up on the stove. I am slowly pulling it apart to see if I can get the auger out and see why it is frozen. This is definitely a learning experience. I take it from reading all the other threads I have found that there are no actual replacement parts for this stove. I guess I will be finding other parts that work for it once I figure out what is the problem.
Hopefully a good cleaning and some high temp grease will solve your problem. Keep us informed, please!

I will. On my way to get gasket material and some Red RTV silicone so I can seal everything back up tight. From the looks of it I think the previous owner had to do some work on it before. I doubt the factory used RTV when they built it and I doubt it would have been that messy.
I was thinking about adding a secondary fan at the base to boost the airflow going into the box. I'm gonna try it and see if it works and if not I'll just take it out. Just so happens that I have a small box fan that is almost an exact fit for the back of the base.
I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

First of the season My auger stopped feeding, and after cleaning out all of the pellets, I used a mirror and a drop light and found a piece of wood flooring in the top of the auger.
I just had to add alittle help. GOOD LUCK

First of the season My auger stopped feeding, and after cleaning out all of the pellets, I used a mirror and a drop light and found a piece of wood flooring in the top of the auger.
I just had to add alittle help. GOOD LUCK

I got it all apart and a small nail had gotten in there and jammed the auger. The only thing that might be a problem is the shaft has a crack in it where the set screw goes. I am planing on assembling the auger subassembly on the bench and then testing it before I reinstall it in the stove. If all goes well I should have heat in an hour or two. If not, guess I will keep going until I get it fixed. I have a Nissan hard body sitting outside that I have to R&R the clutch in by Christmas for my son so he can get back and forth to work. I might have to build a campfire in the corner for heat. LOL

I got it all apart and a small nail had gotten in there and jammed the auger. The only thing that might be a problem is the shaft has a crack in it where the set screw goes. I am planing on assembling the auger subassembly on the bench and then testing it before I reinstall it in the stove. If all goes well I should have heat in an hour or two. If not, guess I will keep going until I get it fixed. I have a Nissan hard body sitting outside that I have to R&R the clutch in by Christmas for my son so he can get back and forth to work. I might have to build a campfire in the corner for heat. LOL
I had to replace the auger because it would turn but would not bust pellets that did not fit. I could stop the turn of the auger with my hand. The motor was weak from the time it was stuck in the same place on the armmingerr>===
Got tired of pulling my insert.
Good Luck

Oh, that sounds promising!!! Hey to avoid that in the future many of us have installed earth magnets in the hopper near the auger. They will usually catch any nuts, bolts, metal objects that might come off of the processing machines when the pellets are made.

If you have an old computer hard drive around you could strip out the magnets and use them but they are thicker than the earth magnets.

Good luck!

To funny, I was thinking of how I ould put a magnet on it to do that. I was thinking about just popping an old speaker magnet on the bottom of the hopper. I think I might get a small rare earth magnet and put it on the auger.

SUCCESS!!!! I got the nail out of the auger.

I cleaned everything, lubed the auger, made a new gasket for the auger to burner box, RTV'ed everything for no air leaks. I got the "shaker" loose up in the top and probably got 2lbs of ash and stuff out of it. It is blowing alot more air now and looks like it is burning alot better. I got a feeling that this is gonna keep the shop nice and warm. Thank you to everyone that gave me advice and pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.