New Harman Accentra 52i installed in heatform

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WI52i

Dec 29, 2015
WI
So after doing a lot of research on the site I had a 52i installed and decided I should join. I bought a house last winter that had a 500 sq. ft. addition that wouldn't heat as well as the rest of the house and was always about 5 degrees colder. There is a heatform fireplace in the room but the damper is rusted and pretty much unusable. Since we spend most of our time in the room watching TV we went with a pellet insert because of the convenience vs a wood insert. So far I am loving the heat output and the Harman room probe is doing a good job keeping a steady temperature.

Also anyone installing an insert in a heatform fireplace I was able to get an outlet inside the fireplace very easily. I removed the fan that had power running to it from a switch and cut a hole in the firebox to access the cavity that the air blows through and ran wire to the power from the fan.

Reactions: bags
Welcome! This site will be invaluable to you. You will love that stove. Many 52i owners here. That insert looks so nice it makes me want one just like it. I have an old wood insert in a large stone fire place now I am eye balling for replacement. I have my P68 in the same living room but could easily relocate it.

What an improvement vs. the old fire box. Well done and a great looking job. Hang out and feel free to ask questions. That's what people are here for. i have learned a whole lot of great info, tips, and techniques here. That stove will do more than heat your 500 SQ FT living room. You might find that it helps a bunch in your overall heating needs.

Looks great, congrats

Nice, looks great ! I love those 52i's. We almost bought one instead of the P61 but started thinking about our age and removing it to clean as we age further. Both having not so great backs and bad knees too, we just went free standing for simplicity. But the 52i is in our hearts .

off topic but i see you have the ryobi cordless sawz all laying on the floor in the picture. how do you like it? does it have enough ummph to power through most jobs? I have a lot of their other tools and am considering this as my ridgid ac saw is beginning to fail.

off topic but i see you have the ryobi cordless sawz all laying on the floor in the picture. how do you like it? does it have enough ummph to power through most jobs? I have a lot of their other tools and am considering this as my ridgid ac saw is beginning to fail.
I haven't really used it too much but what I have done it has worked well. It had no problem cutting the 1/8" steel to put the outlet in.

Status
Not open for further replies.