New floor now my stove and chimney pipe don’t line up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jkenny7512

Nov 30, 2019
New York
Hello, I am hoping someone here can help me figure out the best way to solve my problem.
We have been in our home for 20 years. There was a Fisher Grandpa stove installed when we moved in. It was installed in front of an existing fireplace with the chimney pipe coming through a metal plate covering the old fireplace opening.

We recently had new porcelain tile floors installed and the installation raised the floor about 1”. Now the flu pipe on the stove sits about 1” higher than the chimney pipe coming out of the fireplace. The prop already banks right up against the top of the existing chimney so there is no way to raise the pipe other than removing some bricks from the chimney.
I have attached a couple of pictures showing what I mean.

Is there any way to attach the stove to the existing pipe without either removing bricks and raising the pipe or cutting the legs of the stove to lower 1”?

Attachments

• New floor now my stove and chimney pipe don’t line up
    CDF43B11-E727-4827-987D-F94B6AD3172A.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 90
  • New floor now my stove and chimney pipe don’t line up
    C68E0228-AABB-46BC-8FC8-C2E6FB264969.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 93
Removing bricks isn't an option, somethings got to hold up the rest of the brick. Grinding the legs off would be the best bet in my opinion. This might be a great opportunity to buy a new stove with a view of the fire and way more efficient.