New Firepit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
New Firepit

Made a new firepit in the backyard this week. We have always had a regular firepit with large river rocks surrounding it. My wife came across a photo of a firepit similar to this so we decided to give it a whirl. Worked out pretty nice, just need to figure out what I am gonna do around it now.

Looks great! The only problem is that the adults are not sitting around it. Is this because the temp is 90F?

Yes it was very hot! We waited until it cooled down a bit to move over to the fire

Are those beautiful big flat stones available for the pickin' around there where you live? I've lived places where no such stones were, and folks who wanted them paid dearly for them to be brought from someplace else. Love the pit you put together! Rick

Nice. Many hours of enjoyment to be had by the fire ;)
Not a "smore" fire (yet) :)

Lots of good looking pits this year....

Awesome design. You should be proud.

Nice work Swag. There will be a lot of memories for you and everyone who gets to enjoy it. That looks like one happy troop you got there.

Looks good, Swag! You'll be spending many a memorable evening around that pit, let me tell ya. Looks like the kiddos are having a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.