New Englander 25 PVDC 22E Fire Pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zmann96

Oct 21, 2018
Gilford, New Hampshire
I've looked on my manual and cannot find out what the holes on both sides of the fire pot are for and how to clean them out. There is a replacement pot but in mine it looks to be welded. Not trying to replace, just trying to find a way to clean out in the cavity behind the holes. see pic
New Englander  25 PVDC  22E  Fire Pot

If you shut the stove down and lift out the burn plate you will see a hole on each side in the bottom of the pot. They allow air to go up each side of the chamber. If you cap them off it forces more air up through the holes in the burn plate itself giving the fire more air and burning better. As for the chambers on each side that they do not require cleaning.

If you shut the stove down and lift out the burn plate you will see a hole on each side in the bottom of the pot. They allow air to go up each side of the chamber. If you cap them off it forces more air up through the holes in the burn plate itself giving the fire more air and burning better. As for the chambers on each side that they do not require cleaning.
Thank you, I'll look for those next clean. Much appreciated.

Yep mainly ornamental, it will allow some ambient heat transfer