New England Pellet stove 25-PDV,55 stops feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I also so on that post about heating setting(turn the stove on heat setting 1 fan 3. bottom 3 on 1.4.1 and let us know how that works.).
Do you guys put the fan and pellet feed on the same number?
For the bottom 3 buttons I have never changed them. Are there any benefits to change them?

when i had the pdvc in my office i had the mods all done and run it on heat setting 1 lower 3 were 1 4 1 and it heated my 14 x 20 office/electronics area. and a bag would go almost 3 days. now i also had the Quad in the other end of the house so it was also contributing. i just like the extra warmth.

Somehow my previous post didn’t post but I keep my bottom 3 at 461 running on setting 2 on warmer days. Never had to try setting 1 . I will say you can really fine tun and get some real mileage out of a bag if you want.

Hello, So i'm still having issues with the stove. I removed the restrictor plate, and it didn't help. I did find a small screw on the wear plate this weekend( See image below). Not sure where in the world that screw came from. After the pellet shutdown, sometimes I find the wear plate full of pellets and sometimes it's empty. I haven't tried any of the mods you guys suggested. I really want to figure out what's wrong with the stove before i do any mods.
1574086826067.png

Could that be the restrictor plate screw?? The mods will not be a factor with the stove shutting down. They only help it burn better. Are you sure you are not loosing vacuum to the switches or maybe the hopper lid safety switch is going bad? I still think something is telling that top auger to stop feeding pellets or its bridging the restrictor hole. I have bypassed the 2 vacuum switches before along with the hopper switch. You can try that to eliminate those ? Its easy you just need to take a small wire and make a jumper at each switch. Another possible is the board.

Could that be the restrictor plate screw?? The mods will not be a factor with the stove shutting down. They only help it burn better. Are you sure you are not loosing vacuum to the switches or maybe the hopper lid safety switch is going bad? I still think something is telling that top auger to stop feeding pellets or its bridging the restrictor hole. I have bypassed the 2 vacuum switches before along with the hopper switch. You can try that to eliminate those ? Its easy you just need to take a small wire and make a jumper at each switch. Another possible is the board.

It's not the restrictor plate screw. When I did my yearly maintenance I had to replace a vacuum switch. I stop getting error code after I replaced the switch. I'll try bypassing the 2 vacuum switches and the hopper switch tonight. I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you

I just tried your suggestion on the two vacuum switch and the hopper switch. The top auger is still stopping. I moved the auger up and down and the pellets started to come down again. So it seems that the auger is getting Stuck. I have removed the auger multiple times the last couple of weeks and I don’t see anything that would make the pellets get stuck. What should I try next?

you say the top auger stops moving? it is supposed to stop every few seconds and then run for a few seconds. how big are your pellets? I know that I sound like a broken record but it still sounds like a feed problem in the hopper or very dusty pellets and the dust is jamming up the auger. I did have that issue. I now vac my pellets if I get pellets with a lot of fines in the bag. Did you try picking up a different brand pellet ? You do not need alot , just a bag or 2 to see if its pellet related

you say the top auger stops moving? it is supposed to stop every few seconds and then run for a few seconds. how big are your pellets? I know that I sound like a broken record but it still sounds like a feed problem in the hopper or very dusty pellets and the dust is jamming up the auger. I did have that issue. I now vac my pellets if I get pellets with a lot of fines in the bag. Did you try picking up a different brand pellet ? You do not need alot , just a bag or 2 to see if its pellet related

It's working now. It's has been on since last night. I put a new motor. :):):):):)
I would like to start working on the mods now. Where should I start?

That is good news. I would let it run for a day or so just to make sure you are good. Then I would start with the pluging of the 2 lower holes and then the burn plate holes enlargement. But just do one at a time. be-sure to reconnect the vacuum switches and put the restrictor plate back in.

That is good news. I would let it run for a day or so just to make sure you are good. Then I would start with the pluging of the 2 lower holes and then the burn plate holes enlargement. But just do one at a time. be-sure to reconnect the vacuum switches and put the restrictor plate back in.

Great. I need to put the restrictor plate back :oops:
I'll let it run for the rest of the week just in case. Keep you guys posted

thank you for all your help so far.