New design for Englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosporsche

Dec 31, 2012
Shelton,ct
Just wondering if Englander will ever update there stoves to have a built in room temp like harmans. I had an englander pdvc which was ok. But then switched to a harman 61 and what a difference.

My whitfield profile 30 ins would throw way more heat on low than my pdvc.

I would rather buy a stove made in america like englander and there tech support is second to none .

just my thoughts

I know thats what I mean

Just a few of my thoughts here since I have both a Harman and an Englander I definitely know for sure which stove is better even though I like both..
Both are tuned well and run super good for me but the Harman puts out more heat while using maybe 25%-33% less fuel , a wild but experienced guess on my part since I don`t use the Englander 24/7 like I do the Harman. I suppose this would, could, or might roughly translate to an extra ton of fuel per year for the average user depending on his fuel needs .
As with every purchase it almost always gets down to the cost , perceived value for the money , and just plain personal economics. My Harman costs twice as much as the Englander .(when new)
The payback with the Harman could be about 5 yrs or more based on pellet useage alone , not to mention the Harman will retain much more resale value after as many years.
There`s no better bargain or service after sale than an Englander pellet stove especially when money is tight but in the long term a good used Harman is as good as it gets.

Just a few of my thoughts here since I have both a Harman and an Englander I definitely know for sure which stove is better even though I like both..
Both are tuned well and run super good for me but the Harman puts out more heat while using maybe 25%-33% less fuel , a wild but experienced guess on my part since I don`t use the Englander 24/7 like I do the Harman. I suppose this would, could, or might roughly translate to an extra ton of fuel per year for the average user depending on his fuel needs .
As with every purchase it almost always gets down to the cost , perceived value for the money , and just plain personal economics. My Harman costs twice as much as the Englander .(when new)
The payback with the Harman could be about 5 yrs or more based on pellet useage alone , not to mention the Harman will retain much more resale value after as many years.
There`s no better bargain or service after sale than an Englander pellet stove especially when money is tight but in the long term a good used Harman is as good as it gets.

so true. But i love the fact that i dont have to clean my harman nearly as often as i had to with my englander. also the removeable ash tray is so key.

Last edited:
Just wondering if Englander will ever update there stoves to have a built in room temp like harmans.

It's pretty easy and cheap to add a thermostat to most Englander stoves, and it gives you the flexibility to use a programmable thermostat. Is there something different about the Harman room temp feature or is it just that it's integrated?

It is nice to have it built in. Plus the Harman works by as the stove begins to reach the desired temp it starts to taper back where as a typical stat is called for heat or off.

And harmans have the ability to shut down and start back up automatically

It is nice to have it built in. Plus the Harman works by as the stove begins to reach the desired temp it starts to taper back where as a typical stat is called for heat or off.
Ok, didn't know that. That does sound like an improvement.
And harmans have the ability to shut down and start back up automatically
Many Englanders have this too. Mine is selectable between hi/lo mode and on/off mode.

oh ok wasnt sure they did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.