New Construction - Supervent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BamaRama

Apr 18, 2015
Colorado
Hello all, I'm a few weeks out from getting a steel roof on my new house. Trying to get materials together for roofers. It's going through a 10/12 cathedral 2x12 rafters, metal roof. I'm was planning to use a cathedral support kit. Supervent says JURBFK1 Rubber Boot Flashing kit is required for metal roofs. When I read the instructions for the boot kit, it gives no framing provisions when using a cathedral support kit. What am I missing? Can this be done? If not , are there alternative brands I should be looking at?

Rubber boots are junk, and the one from Selkirk is hideous! Look into getting an Excel metal roof flashing. A quick search should turn up several threads discussing it.

Rubber boots are junk, and the one from Selkirk is hideous! Look into getting an Excel metal roof flashing. A quick search should turn up several threads discussing it.

Thanks for the tip. I found this. Looks like I need the 6EMFB. Only found one online vendors that offers shipping. Not sure i would want it shipped anyhow. Going to check the where to buy link.

Rubber boots are junk, and the one from Selkirk is hideous!

I couldnt agree more. Who wants a bunch of screws mashing an inner tube?

Okay, I found an Excel flashing and ordered it. Now I realize it's not vented. Selkirk requires vented. Now what?

All components really need to be from the same chimney system. Just don't use the crap rubber boot

Selkirk doesn't make any exceptions for vented flashing.

Excel only requires vented flashing when pipe is installed in a chase. So I guess I'm going with Excel pipe.

Selkirk doesn't make any exceptions for vented flashing.

Excel only requires vented flashing when pipe is installed in a chase. So I guess I'm going with Excel pipe.
Or just cut the regular selkirk flashing into the metal.

Or just cut the regular selkirk flashing into the metal.
Thanks but I cant get up there to do it, if i knew how. The plan is for the roofers to install it.