New Cleaning Light for Wood Pellet Stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Well, I went down to Lowes to pick up another Halogen accent Light in the single white fixture like the one I purchased about 3 years ago. Guess what? They do not have that anymore.
See 1st pic below

So I came home and surfed the web and found they have a replacement!! A LED accent light in the single brushed nickel fixture. See 2nd pic

Style Selections 5-3/4" Brushed Nickel Accent Lamp with Nickel Shade $24.97
http://www.lowes.com/pd_352588-8698...Ntt=style+selections+accent+light&facetInfo;=

On the box it says it is an LED Spotlight so it was a little tricky to find, so I gave the guy at the store the printout from the Lowe's Web site and he found it for me!!

So I purchased that and hooked it up. It is supposed to last 20 years so we will see about that!!

It seems to work good! See 3rd pic
Has anyone else tried it?

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] New Cleaning Light for Wood Pellet Stove!
    PShalogenCleaningLightSC.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 267
    PSLEDCleaningLight (1)sc.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 261
    PSLEDCleaningLight (2)sc.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 275
Not me I'm still going through the cfls that I used to replace all but 6 lights at this new house when I bought it. There are three incandescent candelabra base lights in a fixture that doesn't get used much, two outside flood lights that are on a motion sensor but are turned off, and one in the light above the stove that never gets used. The other 80 or so lights are all fluorescent of one kind or another.

I might get around to replacing the 6 incandescent lights with leds or florescent, but am in no rush.

On my project list is some more insulation and interior storms. My goal is to reduce my pellet usage a bit. The interior storms will likely cost me about $10.00 per window, maybe a bit more. Simple projects doable even by a big pawed geriatric bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.