New castle Serenity owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rock6

Oct 4, 2017
Newport Vt.
Being new to this pellet stove thing I have a few ?? Is there better settings for the Exhaust stall setting then what comes a factory default ??also how about the blower stall voltage ?? Another ?? What about the exhaust Gate ?? I was looking at the exhaust & Blower stall setting in the manual , any thoughts , thanks in advance !!

They're all adjustable. What do you wish to accomplish? Is the fire not burning well? Basically, the inlet "gate" is an air volume control and the exhaust blower setting is an air speed control. The "blower" is the fan that pushes heat out into the house. It should be set somewhat according to your heat setting number to keep the stove from over temping. Is there something you do not like about the current settings?

Like Dezel said, it all depends on what you're trying to achieve or problem you're trying to solve, what your length of pipe is, etc. I followed the Serenity manual for my install, 4" pellet pipe and no adjustments to any voltages. I have played with the airflow gate, it's about 75% closed most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They're all adjustable. What do you wish to accomplish? Is the fire not burning well? Basically, the inlet "gate" is an air volume control and the exhaust blower setting is an air speed control. The "blower" is the fan that pushes heat out into the house. It should be set somewhat according to your heat setting number to keep the stove from over temping. Is there something you do not like about the current settings?
I think I am burning too many Pellets , I am getting good heat running on manual # 1 about 3/4 of a bag in 12 hrs. I have both Exhaust & blower #1 stalls @ 85 volts ,air gate is about 1/2 . Any thoughts ??

Does the flame go way down low quite often? I'm wondering if the air gate needs closed a bit to slow the burn time of the pellets?

Does the flame go way down low quite often? I'm wondering if the air gate needs closed a bit to slow the burn time of the pellets?
I closed the air gate down to 1/3 , and exhaust voltage to 80 , ran just over 18 hrs on a full hopper . the flame doesn' t cycle down as low as it was , lots better I think , it' kind of a challenge to find the best settings. I put in an air gate rod to be able to adjust air without removing the side panel , getting good heat now !!

Reactions: Deezl Smoke