Neotech Clone Saw thoughts after 6 cords

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oct 25, 2023
Cady, WI
I was in a tight spot money wise and ended up buying a Neotech NCS6200 this spring to get this years and next years wood going. Here are some quick thoughts 6 cords in.
Things I liked
-Cost was $195 bucks to my door and the "kit" included a bar guard and some modest safety equipment and a nice little gas tank
-Initial tune on the carb has been good been running well without tuning but may take it to a friend who can really dial things in
-Chain has held up well and seems to be decent quality (not oregon but fine for what it its)
-Reasonably comfortable to use as its not terribly heavy and is not excessive in terms of vibrations
-Neotech actually paid Husqvarna to use their patents and this makes me feel better about using a clone
Things that I haven't liked
-Knot on the pull cord handle was tied poorly and pulled through the handle, remedied with another knot
-25/1 fuel ratio seems excessive so I did 25/1 for the first 3 tanks of fuel and have done 40/1 ever since
-Bar oiler seems a bit overactive and can puddle if not stored right
-Had one vapor lock when running flat out on a big pile of logs after about 2 hours on a hot day

All in all this saw has been solid for a year and really got me out of a tight spot. I try to keep my chain sharp and always drain my gas and run the carb dry when not using and utilize good fuel with a splash of sea foam. As all things go time will be the true test and I'll update if I have issues.
Neotech Clone Saw thoughts after 6 cords