Need new chimney cap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgepds

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2012
That appears to be a universal cap which should fit. Ask WD what their return policy is if it doesn't. The other alternative is to get the cap that matches the chimney pipe mfg. and type.

I currently do not have caps on any of my chimneys , other than to keep water and critters out does it affect performance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called wood direct.. seems like it will slip in, but not out.

To clean the chimney from the top , you have to remove the wing not that holds the top on. Problem is there is a little band attached to the body that receives the wing nut. Alas the band will get in the way of a brush

The band is held on by 2 bolts. I remove that also and replaced the nuts with wing nuts.

I have just a top cover with no mesh sides on my 6 inch flex liner. Basically just keeps rain out. But I've been thinking of picking up a cap like that one.

So this is a universal cap ?

Just incase an odd bird or squirrel gets to exploring it seems a mesh side would be a positive. I'm not sure if a squirrel could damage a metal liner? Although with no tree limbs over my house I don't seem to have issues with squirrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.