Need help with what pipe to Buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mightyoaksfan

Jan 1, 2019
Ohio
Bought a house that had set up for a wood stove in basement. We recently bought a drolet ht2000. I have no idea what would be the best connections to buy. Do I need an adapter, t, 90's, etc. I do know that we cant go straight up because it is too close to the wall. Any help would be great. Will be shopping at Menards if that helps.

Bought a house that had set up for a wood stove in basement. We recently bought a drolet ht2000. I have no idea what would be the best connections to buy. Do I need an adapter, t, 90's, etc. I do know that we cant go straight up because it is too close to the wall. Any help would be great. Will be shopping at Menards if that helps.
You say the house was set up for a wood stove. So what is there now?

You say the house was set up for a wood stove. So what is there now?
Chimney pipe comes from roof all the way down to basement to what looks like the ceiling support box. That is where it stops. The last section does not have the crimped(male) section facing down which is what I have read is necessary.

Pics of the install location/existing pipe etc. will help. Great stove selection for big heat! Welcome to Hearth.

Need help with what pipe to Buy

That looks like a slip connector to me. Your pipe goes OVER it. Might not be usable at all due to under clearance to that sill plate. 2 45 degree ells would kick the stove out but that sill issue needs considered first.

Last edited:
That’s a metalbestos chimney system, the part hanging down is a DSAC, or dripless adaptor. It goes inside of your connecting stove pipe.
I’m afraid you don’t have enough clearance between the pipe and the wood sill plate though. Can you get a measurement for us?