Need help with Maxx M

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Mike762262

Oct 26, 2024
Canada
Hello. I’m having an issue with my new to me enviro Maxx M pellet stove. Bought it used from a contractor where it was in a building he bought. Unknown condition but the price was great and I got to take the chimney too. I’ve had a mini for the last 10-11 years and has been ok, but heard many great things about the Maxx. Got it working right away and seemed ok. Adjusted the damper best I could. Gave it a good cleaning. But have found it won’t continue to run on it lowest setting. Will continue to run on 2 almost always. Tried hooking it to a thermostat and it would cone on no problem, but would start to shut down and not complete. By that I mean it would stop feeding pellets and would go cold, but would not shut down. Both fans will keep going until push of the power button, then will go into the cool down phase. While in the running but not feeding phase I checked auger motor for power and nothing. Will always fire right back up no issues after manually restarting, but then when it shuts down it’s the same thing again, it seemed like a failled board so I ordered a new one and installed but is still doing same thing. Tried to find info on the theory and operation but not much more than the manual that comes with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Middle of the night it’s either freezing or scorching in my house lol.

Reactions: ARC
Agree with the trim setting. I have a different stove but on level 1 i have to adjust the trim setting or after a while it will go out. Are you sure you are waiting long enough after it goes out for it to finish its shutdown cycle? Mine can take up to 1/2 hour before shut down cycle completes and the stove shuts down.

Reactions: johneh and ARC
For the Maxx, if I remember correctly, if the damper is not adjusted just right, it will run fine but will not run on heat setting one. I believe the handle should be about 1.5" of silver showing. That stove is a great heater, but I do remember if damper is not right, the lower setting the vacuum switch will open and/or the POF gets too cool and causes a shutdown... if damper isn't correct. Good luck with her.

Thankyou for the reply’s. I’ve found the manual online and mine is a Maxx-m. It’s got an agitator and a few differences but prob mostly the same any ways. I’ve tried adjusting trim settings and tried different damper positions. Have an old magnehelic gauge somewhere I may try and see if it still works. As for the wait time, it sat for at least a few hours and was still blowing cold air and after pushing power button it started the cool down phase. I was hoping someone’s run into this before. Or maybe I’m just overlooking something simple. I’m gonna give it another good cleaning too. Also before I changed the board it was starting to do the weird shut down thing on 2nd setting as well. Thankyou again and I’ll give an update later