Need help with firebricks on ceiling of insert...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fcwest14

Dec 20, 2015
Weston, CT
I have a regency I3100L model insert. I changed the side firebricks today in anticipation of burning season, but also seem to have two large firebricks along the ceiling of the insert, sitting right above 4 venting tubes. They are ~11x11 and seem a little thinner than the side standard firebricks, but can't seem to search properly to find / buy replacements. Any help on what these are or where I can find replacements? Thanks so much!

I have a regency I3100L model insert. I changed the side firebricks today in anticipation of burning season, but also seem to have two large firebricks along the ceiling of the insert, sitting right above 4 venting tubes. They are ~11x11 and seem a little thinner than the side standard firebricks, but can't seem to search properly to find / buy replacements. Any help on what these are or where I can find replacements? Thanks so much!
Those are your baffles and they are specific to your stove. You will have to get them from regency. What is wrong with them? Also what brick did you use to replace the firebrick? You should be using the lightweight pumice brick that give you more insulation

Those are your baffles and they are specific to your stove. You will have to get them from regency. What is wrong with them? Also what brick did you use to replace the firebrick? You should be using the lightweight pumice brick that give you more insulation

Hey @bholler, I've been getting replacement bricks from my dealer and he's been giving me a heavier type brick and not the light pumice ones for my Pacific Energy. Are the pumice one better? They seem to crumble very easy though.

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.

Hey @bholler, I've been getting replacement bricks from my dealer and he's been giving me a heavier type brick and not the light pumice ones for my Pacific Energy. Are the pumice one better? They seem to crumble very easy though.

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.
They help keep the internal firebox temps up a little and I find that they do wear but they don't crack as quick as the hard brick.