Need help with an 25kw electric module for a Caddy Wood furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Mack897

Sep 22, 2024
New Brunswick Canada
I just bought and moved into a home that has a Caddy wood furnace with a 25kw electric module, the nights are starting to cool off and I am unable to get the electric module to kick on to supply heat to the home. I have a technician coming in a week, however I was hoping someone here may have a solution. When I turn the thermostat on for the module, I hear a click but nothing, the furnace does not start up and nothing happens with the blower motor. I have read through the manual and I am unable to find the reset button. I have provided an image of the inside of the electric module. I really do not want to buy a bunch of space heaters. Thank you all in advance for any help that can be offered.

[Hearth.com] Need help with an 25kw electric module for a Caddy Wood furnace

It's been a while and trouble shooting over the internet isn't the easiest. But 1st thing is the fan needs to run. Once running there is likly an air proving switch (Air Flow) .
Then Fan Running + Air Flow = Kerr Chunk! the 30A contactor hauls in.
Then the 4 round black modules on the right (Sequencers) cycle the heat on one after the other.

So the question is.. Why no fan? Is there a round overload on the motor or elsewhere? is the fan getting power?

I am not going to lie to you, I really have no idea on how any of this furnace works. I have read through I think every Caddy manual I can find on the Net. I am good at troubleshooting a good portion of things, however once I find my multimeter that was going to be my next step was checking for power. I am finally listening to my wife and asking for help lol. I just don't know how this was setup and which thermostat to use, i have tried both. There is a technician coming to my house on Friday of this week. Just trying not to kill my Hydro with running space heaters in every room of the house.