Need help selecting wood stove insert in Worcester, MA!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

imalovesmax

Hearth Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Western Washington
Hello!
We would like to purchase a wood insert for our fireplace. Our house is an Arts and Crafts, 2 story, built 1924 2000 sq ft. We went to Enchanted Fireside, but have heard several bad things about their installs, customer and technical service.

We have 7 cords of wood on our property we can't sell because of the Asian Beetle restrictions in the area, so we decided to make use of it.

Anyone have any luck in Central MA?

We are thinking about the Hearthstone Clydesdale I or the Quadrafire 3100.

any ideas, feedback, etc.. welcome, and thanks in advance. We are from the Southwest, so don't know much about fireplace inserts.

Thanks much!!!!

Add Hampton or Regency Inserts to your list. There are several dealers in the area to take a look at.

Give Preston Trading Post a try in Preston CT. Theyre only about an hour from you and have the best prices around. Besides Enchanteds bad rap, they also kill on price. If CT is too far Feens Country Living in Fitchburg is nice...a little high on price but theyre known for the good installs and service they bring.

Did you check the guy in Shrewsbury next to the Stove Place, he gave me a good price on a quadra fire last spring, not sure if he'll be so generous now. I ended up with a BK Princess and Im doing the install myself but his deal wasnt bad for retail.

Thanks so very much for the suggestions! All are good options to research. I will let you all know what we end up with. Like everyone else here, we feel like we need an alternative heating source (in the event we have another bad Winter!).

:)

We installed a Quad 4100I last year, and like it. I think the 3100I has about the same heat output as ours.

We have about 2000 sq feet on two floors and the insert does most of the heating with temps in the 20s. We do use our central heat too, not runing 24/7 except for the few days the central heat was broke last year.

While your looking, you might want to add the Jotul 550 to your list. Wife likes the looks and I like the heat. We heat 3000 sq. ft. new construction with it and absolutely love it. Any wood burning stove is going to provide with with warmth, just pick the one that fits your needs.

Best of Luck.

imalovesmax said:
Hello!
We would like to purchase a wood insert for our fireplace. Our house is an Arts and Crafts, 2 story, built 1924 2000 sq ft. We went to Enchanted Fireside, but have heard several bad things about their installs, customer and technical service.

We have 7 cords of wood on our property we can't sell because of the Asian Beetle restrictions in the area, so we decided to make use of it.

Anyone have any luck in Central MA?

We are thinking about the Hearthstone Clydesdale I or the Quadrafire 3100.

any ideas, feedback, etc.. welcome, and thanks in advance. We are from the Southwest, so don't know much about fireplace inserts.

Thanks much!!!!

Check out Higgins Power in Barre, MA. Good folks to work with.

mikepinto65 said:
Give Preston Trading Post a try in Preston CT. Theyre only about an hour from you and have the best prices around. Besides Enchanteds bad rap, they also kill on price. If CT is too far Feens Country Living in Fitchburg is nice...a little high on price but theyre known for the good installs and service they bring.

I bought my Jotul from Preston and they had the best prices around and the stove came in when promised.I live over an hour away and they delivered it. Check out the Jotul inserts they have.

You can also check out Feens Country Living in Fitchburg, I've been very happy with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.