Need help please. M55a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
Hi guys and gals. The agitator on my Enviro has stopped turning and single digits are coming tonight.

Im afraid i haven't learned much about this stove, mostly because it has performed flawlessly. I would also like ti add that I cannot perform search functions. I am out of data on my phone and don't have a pc. Trying to do this at 128 kbps as i type.

So if anyone could point me in the right troubleshooting direction i would appreciate it greatly. It takes about 10 minutes for this page to load so I'll be back about every 10 mins.

Other then the agitator not working the stove runs fine with no error lights. Is it chain operated?

Update: the motor for the chain drive is turning but the shaft it rides on is not so something has let go in that motor assembly. This is not good a day before single digit weather.

Can i run this without the agitator? Does anyone know where i can buy this agitator drive motor?. There is no dealer where i live. Enviro web site seems to be limited to sales info. BTW it's an Omega.....not sure that is the same as the M55a

Last edited:
According to the parts diagram the agitator motor is just a 1 rpm auger motor, you say the motor turns so have you checked to make sure its not just the sprocket slipping on the shaft.I f your burning pellets I don't see why you couldn't run the stove without the agitator.

Last edited:
The armature spins when it calls for a cycle but the shaft the armature is on doesn't turn. It's weird I've never seen an electric motor do that. I ordered another. Should be here in two days and hopefully is the right one.

You can run stove without agitator,scrape pot once a day.Also may want to take agitator system apart and clean,lube,may be binding.

Good to know. My Harmannstove is only 40,000 btu and really struggles to heat my house in single digits. The 3650 is waiting on parts. Bit of a conundrum. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.