Need help: Fireplace xtrodinare vs hearthstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

darktower007

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2018
Chattanooga
I have received two quotes I thought were good... but don’t know which one to go with.

Fire place xtrodinare $2967 just the unit and 3990 OTD for medium flush unit. (2.2 cu firebox heating 1200sqft first story.

Or
Hearthstone Clydesdale
$4179 OTD with everything needed to install it myself. (2.4cu ft box)

So OTD price are almost identical due to discount.. thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What added $1000 to the FPX for OTD? Does it also include everything needed to install? One insert is flush, one is not quite so flush and has adjustable depth. One is a steel insert and the other is cast iron. Do any of these features make a difference to you?

Some others to compare are the Quadrafire Grand Voyageur, Enviro Venice 1700 and Pacific Energy Neo 2.5 and Osburn Matrix inserts.

Last edited:
What added $1000 to the FPX for OTD? Does it also include everything needed to install? One insert is flush, one is not quite so flush and has adjustable depth? One is a steel insert and the other is cast iron. Do any of these features make a difference to you?

Some others to compare are the Quadrafire Grand Voyageur, Enviro Venice 1700 and Pacific Energy Neo 2.5.

Yes tax and everything included to install that includes their discount.
I’m looking for a high quality unit that will both look nice and last. I’m assuming cast iron is better? I’ll look at the ones above too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clydesdale is a classy stove, especially in enamel, but I wouldn't say one is necessarily better, just different.

Reactions: webby3650