NEED HELP! Duraplus triple wall, Through-the-wall installation!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerz6

Dec 1, 2016
North Carolina
NEED HELP! Duraplus triple wall, Through-the-wall installation! NEED HELP! Duraplus triple wall, Through-the-wall installation!
Hi everyone, I have a duraplus triple wall chimney kit I got from a guy near me.

The problem I am having is with the wall thimble. The thimble its self is too thick for my wall. It hangs either 2" inside the room or 2" outside the home.

My question is how do I compensate for the 2" of wall thickness I am missing? Do I cut some of the length of the wall thimble off each piece so it will fit flush to the wall? Or do I use some kind of a non combustable spacer to take up the 2" of wall I am lacking.

I need an answer pretty quickly because I have a giant hole in my wall where the thimble is supposed to go and some serious rains about to be here.

Anyone with knowledge on this PLEASE HELP ME!

Last edited by a moderator:
No option to change out the wall thimble for one the appropriate depth?

No option to change out the wall thimble for one the appropriate depth?

Not really. There's no difference in any of the thimbles that I've looked at. Besides that measurement.

I'm pretty sure it's an 8" wall thimble that just fits the triple wall pipe. The 6" wall thimble would fit the wall perfectly but will not fit the chimney pipe.

So that's all that's stopping me from finishing my chimney today

Could PM Jags or webfish as they appear to be on now. They are wood stove owners so would have a better answer...

You simply trim the thimble down to fit your wall. They will fit a 2x8 wall, its intended to be trimmed down to fit narrower walls.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Thanks webby, that was my inclination but unsure on product listing in terms of safety if it is altered...

Status
Not open for further replies.