Need guidance for small fireplace under 34" wide

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rgreiners

Mar 30, 2021
Brighton, MI
New member here.... needing help in finding a Zero clearance wood burning fireplace to replace 30 year old Appalachian Stove. Needs to fit into the original opening of 34"W. No room to enlarge opening, it looks like the house was built around this stove. My project is at a stand still until I find a replacement. Thanks

Moved this post to its own thread.

That could be challenging. Can you post some interior and exterior shots of the current setup and chimney so that we see what is currently installed?

Last edited:
Need guidance for small fireplace under 34" wideNeed guidance for small fireplace under 34" wideNeed guidance for small fireplace under 34" wideNeed guidance for small fireplace under 34" wide

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
The wood framing you see is what’s holding up the brick chimney on the other side of the blue insulation. No room to make it wider, as far as i can tell.

Last edited:
spoke to them yesterday....they are having some EPA issues and probably won't have anything until Nov. this year. I can't wait that long. As you can see from the photos, I need to get my great room back together. I am considering building an entire new bigger fireplace.... but need to exhaust all my current options first.
The Gemini has a pretty dated look and that may not be what is desired for this upgrade. You are partway there already. Might as well go all the way and do it right.