Need blower for wood stove, but I don't know the make of the stove!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

fowler119

Hearth Supporter
Nov 28, 2009
Southeastern, PA
I purchased this home a few months ago and when I first started using the stove, the fans under the stove worked relatively well.... Tonight I turned on the blower and it's making a loud noise, almost like it's vibrating against something. Well, after further investigation, I looked at the fans, that are located underneath the insert and have discovered the one fan doesn't work at all and the other fan has 3 blades broken off of it!!!!!! I don't know the make of the wood stove insert to find a replacement blower for, and the previous owner has not returned any of my calls. How can I find a new blower, which is what I think I need, if I do not know the make of wood stove insert? I am new to this, so please excuse my ignorance, I'm still learning!!! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Post a picture of it and if you are really, really lucky...

This is what is underneath the wood stove insert that is becoming the vain of my existence!!!

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Need blower for wood stove, but I don't know the make of the stove!!!!!!!!
    Fan 2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 299
How about a picture of the insert

That's a verticle burning FRansenburger stove with the duel axial revers pattern blowers. You can get those bad boys at Radio Shack, right?????

Well is there a better fan that I can install? I would like something more durable than something found at Radio Shack. Thanks again for all help so far!

That's what is on the back of my stove. I also use a few of them to move air around the house.

If you don't like Radio Shack try a regular electronics supply store. I always called them cage fans, but if you ask for an electronics cooling fan you won't have any issues. Make sure you ask for 110V so you don't get a DC one.

Matt

You can get them off of E-bay. 120mm muffin fan 120volt. Can't tell from the pics, but if you use them horizontally you'll need to get them with ball bearings. I think most use a bushing because they stand vertical. They'll last 10+ years if you use ball bearing type.

4" axial fans, aka muffin or pancake fans. Good tip on getting a ball-bearing fan. The Grainger model mentioned has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.