Need advice with insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gti631

Dec 6, 2019
New York
So I currently have a heatilator EC36. I am looking into placing a wood insert into it or a pellet insert. However you can't beat the look of a real wood fire.
I have read in some places that you can remove the refractory panels and in other places read that you can't. No solid answer to be found.
I read in one post that the Pacific Energy Kodiak 1700 will fit but have not seen anyone do it.
Looking for info and some helpful advice.
Thank you in advance.

From your manual...Seeing as a wood burning insert is NOT listed in the system components,
you CANNOT safely install one.

Need advice with insert

So I'm assuming this no longer applies?

Attachments

• Need advice with insert
    Screenshot_20191214-122840_Chrome.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 69
So I'm assuming this no longer applies?

The manual for your fireplace is pretty clear you can't use any parts or components not listed in the manual with their system. You also cannot modify any part of their system. So no insert period

Ok. Just trying to clear things up because of the conflicting responses in regards to the EC36.
I get that but regardless of any previous responses the manual is clear