Need A Large Firebox? - Need To Heat A Large Area?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Whoa, that's not a trivial stove, but pretty clean looking at that. I wonder how long 1" firebrick will stand up to 30" logs being slammed into them?

Wonder if they passed the EPA test? Probably exempt some how.

shure, but who wants to load 22 cu ft of wood at a crack when the summit will do it all on a damp tooth pick (and clean the garage) ;-)

I'm surprised they're only getting 300K BTU (Presumably "per hour") I thought most wood stoves with around a 3cu.ft. could get close to 100KBTU. Their stove has a 7x bigger fire box and only does 3x more heat? I guess either heat output doesn't scale linearly with firebox size, or they are running up against a barrier moving air in and flue gas out. They do mention they are still running a 6" flue!

Corey

MrGriz said:
shure, but who wants to load 22 cu ft of wood at a crack when the summit will do it all on a damp tooth pick (and clean the garage) ;-)

Griz, for the record it doesn't clean the garage, it shovels the driveway and walks the dog :) Oh ya...and it's good for leaving at 6am and coming home to a warm house at 8pm at -20 Celcius :kiss:

EBT baby....you know you waaaaaannnnntttt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.