Neat idea

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
I decided to purchase a $40 “live feed” camera from HD the other day. It’s a “Yi” brand. I put it facing my wood stove. Mainly, so when I roll over in the middle of the night I can simply pick up my phone, click on the app, and I can see how the stove is doing. I can even zoom in and see what temp it’s at. This would also work while your away from home if you need the piece of mind to know all is well. You can turn the camera on and off simply by pressing a button in the app. I leave mine off unless I’m checking on it. It literally takes 2 seconds to load. Just a little trick I thought I would share if anyone else like me needs that piece of mind every now and then that all is well with the stove. I attached a screenshot of the camera, the night vision is on due to the late hour. The HD image in the daytime is awesome quality. I think it’s well worth the $40 investment

Attachments

• Neat idea
    499EA61E-0B00-4228-A61C-D606C1F1CED4.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 106
I have the same thing for my garage wood stove. So much nicer than getting out of bed or off couch to check.

Wyze camera $20 even has motion alert, sound alert, temperature, and smoke alarm.