N Martin wood stove information?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tybolt

Sep 2, 2024
CA
Hi all,

Someone is selling a very old wood burning stove on Facebook marketplace. Looks to be marked N Martin, so I'm thinking it's the Martin Stove & Range Co, but I can't find anything that looks anywhere close to this stove.

N Martin wood stove information?N Martin wood stove information?N Martin wood stove information?

Has anyone seen something like this or know where I could find info? I'm not sure if it's worth buying for the price they're selling, considering I'm in California lol. But it sure is beautiful! Thanks for any thoughts anyone has.

Need better pics. Looks like Nestor -Martin coal stove. They had ash pan at bottom where air damper is, shaker hole on right side not shown. Inner parts under lid would show more, or even a magazine like a tube that hangs from top inside that coal drops on grate. Is there a grate in this one? Fire pot inside? They wear out and are usually removed to display the outer cast porcelain shell pictured. Inspect carefully. Search Nestor Martin Derby Stove for similar..

Last edited:
Reactions: begreen
I saw a restoration video with a stove that had a shell the same color as that one.

Found it!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.