MY STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

floridaboy

Hearth Supporter
Oct 25, 2009
Northwest Florida
Newly installed Quadrafire 3100

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] MY STOVE
    tn.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 282
floridaboy said:
Newly installed Quadrafire 3100

I'm assuming you are REALLY northwest Florida.

floridaboy said:

I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale. We ran the A/C on Christmas.

well then you should know how far fort Lauderdale is from Crestview. Im 20 minutes from Alabama and it gets cold there...Thank You :coolgrin: I grew up with a fireplace and insert..our primary heat source.

floridaboy said:
well then you should know how far fort Lauderdale is from Crestview. Im 20 minutes from Alabama and it gets cold there...Thank You :coolgrin: I grew up with a fireplace and insert..our primary heat source.

Yep, I drove by/thru Crestview on my way to Arizona.

It even gets cold around jacksonville area. We have had our mild and cold winters,but from Orlando down to Miami is where the Tropical florida is. burning and cracklin of Oak Wood is all i know my friend. Its in my Blood ,In my veins and i have 5 acres and my cousin 50 acres full of it.

floridaboy said:
I bet you have never seen SNOW in south florida,but i have in Nw Florida and FREEZING temps.

Northern Florida is completely different than South Florida. Like you said, below Orlando is very tropical, but central and northern Florida can get snow.

It did snow once in Ft. Lauderdale. Is was back in the mid-70s. Around '75 I believe.

flori said:
It even gets cold around jacksonville area. We have had our mild and cold winters,but from Orlando down to Miami is where the Tropical flori is. burning and cracklin of Oak Wood is all i know my friend. Its in my Blood ,In my veins and i have 5 acres and my cousin 50 acres full of it.

OK OK settle down. Somethings is in those veins... When Browning asked ya if you was from da north, we both new it was a place that gets chilly. Now enjoy that stove and Keep warm. Iam sure that new good lookin stove of yours is gonna keep frost off of those oranges even in da south. Cheers.

Well enjoy your burning this winter and the snow. We will leave the light on for you just in case you decide to come back HOME to the SUNSHINE STATE my friend :) Consider crestview, one of the fastest growing communities in Florida, so you can experience our winters. Take care and ENJOY

floridaboy said:
Well enjoy your burning this winter and the snow. We will leave the light on for you just in case you decide to come back HOME to the SUNSHINE STATE my friend :) Consider crestview, one of the fastest growing communities in Florida, so you can experience our winters. Take care and ENJOY

My wife would love to take ya up on that. We could make it by Christmas. ;-) Cheers
N of 60

Status
Not open for further replies.