My solution to Serenity air adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mikkeeh

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2011
NE Ohio
My solution to Serenity air adjustment My solution to Serenity air adjustment My solution to Serenity air adjustment Decided to make the combustion air adjustment a little easier. A 12" piece of 10-24 all thread, a threaded insert, a couple of nuts, and a plastic knob. Why doesn't Serenity do this?
Now I can adjust the air flow without removing the side panel.

Attachments

• My solution to Serenity air adjustment
    IMG_0787.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 106
View attachment 215571 View attachment 215568 View attachment 215567 Decided to make the combustion air adjustment a little easier. A 12" piece of 10-24 all thread, a threaded insert, a couple of nuts, and a plastic knob. Why doesn't Serenity do this?
Now I can adjust the air flow without removing the side panel.

I'd be interested in more info on how often you find you need to adjust the combustion air. I assume with a change of pellets adjustment may be beneficial. Are there other times you find the need also? I know others have made this change on their Serenity and I will also if I can see the need. Thanks for you insight and yes it would not have been very difficult for the manufacturer to add this type of control. I wonder why they choose not to?

I'd be interested in more info on how often you find you need to adjust the combustion air. I assume with a change of pellets adjustment may be beneficial. Are there other times you find the need also? I know others have made this change on their Serenity and I will also if I can see the need. Thanks for you insight and yes it would not have been very difficult for the manufacturer to add this type of control. I wonder why they choose not to?

I may not need to adjust much in the future...but it sure makes initial setup and tuning easier