my jotul f500 ECO it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Can't see the jotul, but the fire looks 👍😊

Can't see the jotul, but the fire looks 👍😊
thanks for the comment, and you are right 😆👍! Below the photo of the stove. In Italy there is no V3 version with combustor but I am happy, how it burns, it seems almost catalytic

my jotul f500 ECO it

Reactions: kennyp2339
very nice! For some reason I like the clear front more this time.

Nice!

Those secondary flames in the video are giving heat and keeping the chimney clean. And just look awesome.

Those secondary flames in the video are giving heat and keeping the chimney clean. And just look awesome.
yes, I find that this is a good setting to burn clean enough, and give heat. If I lower the air the flame disappears and despite so many coals, the heating is quite lower. However, in reality my house is from the 70s without insulation, I am doing some work, I bought this stove to evaluate whether to make other systems for heating, before making floors. I am happy enough but I understand that I only have heat from radiation, without any convection. I'm trying to figure out if I can add convection to move the air more. Suggestions are welcome 🙏

The stove will also convect. But if you want more heat, aim a fan on the floor to the stove, running it very low. This moves cold air to the stove, it'll stay low until it heats up and rises. This is also the way to move heat into another room, by removing the cold air from that room and into the stove room .

The stove will also convect. But if you want more heat, aim a fan on the floor to the stove, running it very low. This moves cold air to the stove, it'll stay low until it heats up and rises. This is also the way to move heat into another room, by removing the cold air from that room and into the stove room .
I'll try it! I was thinking of doing sophisticated things, but a fan in the right place is much much better. I appreciate your suggestion, thank you very much ☺

Looking good