Multiple ESP replacements on a Harmon P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugget

Dec 11, 2015
South Central PA
Morning all!

I've owned a P43 for about 6 years now. It was in a residence when we bought the residence and is about 10 years old to the best of my knowledge. At the old residence we had no problems with it. 2 years ago we moved and, in that time, I've had to replace the ESP two times and the problem (three blinks on the Status indicator) just acted up again. The last two times I called for service and they replaced it. This time, knowing how easy it is, I plan on ordering and replacing it. I feel comfortable with that endeavor. (I do plan on cleaning it first and then starting up the stove again before ordering a new ESP).

However, my bigger problem is that I'm certain there is an underlying problem here and I don't know what it is. Can anyone offer any assistance or recommendations?

Also, if you have any recommendations/thoughts on something else I should do before ordering a new $60-70 ESP, please let me know.

Thank you

Harmans are very sensitive to incorrect 110V polarity, so worth checking that at your stove wall outlet. Old place didn't have this issue you stated.

Hope you are using surge protector also.

Status
Not open for further replies.